Genius3D MAMMOGRAPHY EXAM™
- More accurate exam results than 2D alone 1-6
- Greatly reduced chance of callbacks 2-3
- Provides a more accurate mammogram in the fight against breast cancer 1-7
Early Detection Saves Lives
The Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam provides better, earlier breast cancer detection.1-7 It finds 20-65% more invasive breast cancers than 2D mammography alone.2 Genius exams have also been proven to reduce unnecessary callbacks by up to 40%.1-7
How It Works
The Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam allows doctors to examine your breast tissue layer by layer. So, instead of viewing all of the complexities of your breast tissue in a flat image, as with conventional 2D mammography, fine details are more visible and no longer hidden by the tissue above or below. The Genius™ exam consists of a 2D and 3D™ image set, where the 2D image can be either an acquired image or a 2D image generated from the 3D™ image set.
More than 200 clinical studies have shown that by using this technology, doctors are able to screen for breast cancer with much greater accuracy1-7 – regardless of a woman’s age or breast density.1-2
Only the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam has superior accuracy for women with dense breasts compared to 2D alone.2
Finds significantly more invasive breast cancers.1-7
What to Expect During Your Exam
The process of a Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam is the same as your conventional 2D exam. The technologist will position you, compress your breast, and take images from different angles.
There’s no additional compression required with the Genius™ exam, and it only takes a few extra seconds for an exam proven to be more accurate.1-7*
The technologist will view the images of your breasts at the computer workstation to ensure quality images have been captured for review. A radiologist will then examine the images and report results to either your physician or directly to you.
Reduces unnecessary callbacks by up to 40% 1-7*
Learn more about the Genius exam at mygenius3d.com.
Reasons to Get Screened
- 1 IN 8 WOMEN will develop breast cancer in her lifetime8
- 8 OUT OF 9 WOMEN diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history9
- With early detection the five-year survival rate is almost 100%
The Science of Sure
The Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam (a.k.a. Genius™ exam) is acquired on the Hologic® 3D Mammography™ system and consists of a 2D and 3D™ image set, where the 2D image can be either an acquired 2D image or a 2D image generated from the 3D™ image set. The Genius™ exam is only available on the Hologic® 3D Mammography™ system. Please consult your physician for a full list of benefits and risks associated with mammography.
PP-01226, Rev. 003 CUST HG ©2017 Hologic, Inc. Hologic, 3D, 3D Mammography Dimensions, Genius,Selenia. The Science of Sure and associated logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Hologic, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
*Compared to 2D mammography alone.
- FDA submissions PO80003, P080003/S001, P080003/S004, P080003/S005
- Results from Friedewald, SM, et al. “Breast cancer screening using tomosynthesis in combination with digital mammography.” JAMA 311.24 (2014): 2499-2507; a multi-site (13), non-randomized, historical control study of 454,000 screening mammograms investigating the initial impact of introduction of the Hologic Selenia® Dimensions® - on screening outcomes. Individual results may vary. The study found an average 41% (95% CI: 20-65%) increase and that 1.2 (95% CI: 0.8-1.6) additional invasive breast cancers per 1000 screening exams were found in women receiving combined 2D FFDM and 3D™ mammograms acquired with the Hologic 3D Mammography™ System versus women receiving 2D FFDM mammograms only.
- Zuckerman SP, Conant EF, Keller BM, et al. Implementation of Synthesized Two-dimentional Mammography in a Polulation-based Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Screening Program. Radiology, 2016 Dec: 281(3):730-736.
- Skaane P, Bandos A, Eben EB, et al. Two view digital breast tomosynthesis screening with synthetically reconstructed projection images: comparison with digital breast tomosynthesis with full-field digital mammographic images. Radiology, 2014 Jun; 271(3):655-63.
- Bernard D, Macaskill P, Pellegrini M, et al. Breast cancer screening with tomosynthesis (3D mammography) with acquired or synthetic 2D mammography compared with 2D mammography alone (STORM-2): a population-based prospective study. Lancet Oncol. 2016 Aug:17(8):1105-13.
- McDonald ES, Oustimov A, Weinstein SP et al. Effectiveness of digital Breast Tomosynthesis Compared With Digital Mammography: Outcomes Analysis From 3 Years of Breast Cancer Screening. JAMA Oncol. 2016 Jun 1:2(6): 737-43, 7.
- National cancer Rafferty EA, Durand MA, Conant EF, et al. Breast Cancer Screening Using Tomosynthesis and Digital Mammography in Dense and Nondense Breasts. JAMA 2016 Apr 26:315(16):1784-6.
- US breast cancer statistics. Breastcancer.org. www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/understand_bc/statistics. Accessed March 27, 2015.
- American Cancer Society: www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/detailedguide/breast-cancer-survival-by-stage